Well, we're approaching the New Year and I want to get back on this hard, which is why I have 'undeleted' this blog after deleting it in a fit of shame. Weight loss is strange, sometimes, like when I started this blog, I really didn't care about who knew I was losing weight and how I was doing it etc, but then I also go through periods where I feel really embarrassed by it. I don't know why, I know it's stupid. I guess there's this association of Weight Watchers being for older people than me and also that I'm young so I shouldn't need to try to lose weight or shouldn't be compulsively addicted to cheese and/or icing sugar and should be hitting the gym like EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD SEEMS TO(?!) all the time. There's also the fact that all the people that do know I've been on Weight Watchers since July probably think I should be about a size 4 by now if I'd been doing it properly and I hate feeling like I am weak.
Well I am weak! It's time to be strong. I am hardly morbidly obese at the moment but I 100% definitely have weight to lose.
This is what is going to happen.
- Unfortunately I can't really do Weight Watchers properly whilst I'm staying with my parents. Yes yes, lame excuse, yes yes, but it is very difficult when you're not cooking for yourself, when you are constantly seeing friends, when you have NO MONEY IN THE WHOLE WORLD AS CHRISTMAS ATE EVERYTHING ARGHHHH, when you don't have scales to weigh yourself on, etc etc. BUT. I am here until January 6th and before then:
- I will do some exercise every day.
- I will at least make some sort of attempt to watch what I eat. I don't really need 'A Plate of Cheese' for lunch. (It is an amazing lunch though, I'm not going to lie)
- January 7th back on it hard. Will change weigh in day to Monday and start from scratch. My weigh in day used to be Sunday and I found it difficult as I'd often run out of weeklies by the weekend so I changed it to a Thursday. At first this was great as I'd head into the weekend with a million (well, 49) weekly points to spend on lunch dates/drinks with friends/PIZZA etc, but recently I've just been heading into the weekend, having my million weekly points, and then deciding on Monday I can't really be bothered to keep going so will just eat what I want and start again on Thursday. This is bad. At least if weigh in is on a Monday it will encourage me to be good during the week unless I have a reason not to, plus new week new start etc.
- I have lots of lovely new things to inspire me to get back on it in January. I received a lovely Jamie Oliver cookbook for Christmas which my boyfriend has already mutilated by going through and marking all the pages he wanted to eat whilst I was out of the room, but there you go. Plenty of options. I have new weighing scales that aren't rubbish. I got Just Dance 4 for Christmas as well, which is hardly like the best exercise ever I know but when you are a RAGING GYMAPHOBE the Just Dance 'fitness classes' are a welcome alternative. I did Cheerleading Boot Camp yesterday and was probably about 2/3 as tired as I am after my weekly kickboxing class, which is pretty impressive if you ask me!
I know this is cheating as I'm not actually on a diet but I am going to post on here a bit over the next week as well as sometimes nothing inspires me more than reading back my own ridiculous observations. Seriously.