Thursday 18 October 2012

Thursday Food Diary - Week #1

I've decided that every Thursday (otherwise known as Weigh In day) I will take photos of everything I eat to blog how I stick within my points within a day. This will be:


  • Motivation
  • Demonstrative to you all, to show that you can only eat 26 points in a day and NOT end up a raging cannibal
  • Inspiration to actually make my Thursdays a bit different, so I am not always so terminally boring with my food choices and blogging
  • And also it has kind of helped today to think that I have to take a photo of everything I eat, due to the whole shame thing. Shame is everything in a diet.

When I started Weight Watchers I was on 28 points, but that was for only a couple of weeks. Then I was on 27 points for ages and went down to 26 last week (i.e. the awful week when I went about 200000 points over but whatever). I don't know if it's some sort of bizarre psychological barrier or something as it is only one point less, but 26 points seems so much harder than 27! It is totally doable though, as you can see.

6am: Breakfast
1 sachet of Oat So Simple Honey & Vanilla - 3 points
1/4 pint of skimmed milk - 1 point
Rest of milk for day - 1 point
30 ml water
Blueberries
Cinnamon
Total = 5 points
I have some sort of variation of Oat So Simple and fruit for breakfast every day. Since I started Weight Watchers I have had 3 breakfasts that have been different and two of them were on days I wasn't tracking (the other day I had boiled egg and toast but that was so much effort that was not worth it). Most Oat So Simple flavours are 4 points so I usually stick to Original for 3, but there are a few flavours you can get for 3 points if you shop well - Honey & Vanilla amongst them, and also amazingly Chocolate (!). 
I also count my milk for the day with breakfast. I have 3 or 4 coffees during the day and I like them strong with no sugar (insert joke about 'same way I like my men' here.) I measured out once roughly how much milk I typically have in a coffee and it's about 20ml so I can get away with up to 5 on 1PP. 

9.30am: Snack 

Tangerine = 0 points

FACT : The time between breakfast and my first morning snack is the longest I ever go in waking hours without eating. Invigorating. 


11am: Snack

Weight Watchers Double Chocolate Cookie: 1 point


I am a person who likes simple pleasures - a blue sky, the crunch of autumn leaves, a cosy pair of pyjamas... and there is no simpler or greater pleasure than a coffee and a biscuit. I bring in the packs of 2 to work and have one in the morning and one in the afternoon. 2 snacks is better than one, eh? 

12.15pm: Lunch

Half a Warburtons Sandwich Pitta: 2 points
Can of Weight Watchers tuna in tomato and herb dressing (Barely visible!!): 2 points
Peppers, celery and courgettes: 0 points
Melon and Pineapple: 0 points
M&S Count on Us Vanilla Yoghurt: 2 points
Total = 6 points

This was a nice lunch despite the fact you can't even see there's tuna in that pitta as I put such a ridiculous amount of salad in it (sorry). The Count on Us yoghurts are divine. I dipped my fruit in it at first and then finished it with a spoon. Sad fact about the vanilla yoghurt: if there was 0.1g less fat in it it would only be 1 point. Sadly, it was not meant to be.

2.15pm: Snack

Weight Watchers Double Chocolate Chip Cookie = 1 point

Can you believe that I can have TWO rounds of coffee and biscuits in a day and STILL be on a diet?? (And that's not the end of the story for biscuits today, either!)

3.15pm: Snack


Pink Lady Apple = 0 points

5.30pm: Dinner

Chorizo Pasta Bake (Here is it looking SLIGHTLY appetising, when it serves 4)...

And my portion. = 10 points
Total = 10 points
I adapted this from a recipe in my Weight Watchers cookbook to use up the leftover chorizo from my jambalaya. I liked the fact cheese was involved, but it didn't knock my socks off and I won't be having it again in the near future probably (apart from the fact I'm planning leftovers for lunch tomorrow but WHATEVS).
I usually don't eat dinner anywhere near as early as this but today we went to the cinema so had to eat early. I saw the portion and was convinced it wouldn't be enough but lo and behold, it actually was when I ate it (severe eyes bigger than my belly syndrome). At the cinema we saw On the Road. I would give it 3 stars. I enjoyed it whilst it was on but it was too long and I wouldn't watch it again (Unless it was playing idly on TV whilst I was doing something else).

9.30pm - Snack
Galaxy Bubbles Hot Chocolate - 1 point
Pack of 2 Weight Watchers Ginger Cookies - 2 points

I love hot chocolate before bed and have one basically every day. I'm cycling between 3 different varieties at the moment but must say that I think Galaxy Bubbles is the best I've found! I'd also recommend Options White Chocolate & Highlights Fudge, but I have neither of them at the moment.
Also can you believe I've literally had 4 biscuits today. And stuck to dailies!



Grand total for day: 26 points.

For those that are not familiar with the Weight Watchers plan, 26 is the minimum points you can ever have so luckily I'll never have to cut down on this! This was quite a good day for food, I can't say at any point I was really starving hungry and I enjoyed most things at least a little. If I keep posting food diaries every Thursday, I'm sure on some of them I will be using a few weekly points here and there so it won't always be strictly 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment