Saturday 28 December 2013

My favourite workout songs of 2013

Something you should probably know about me is that I am a MASSIVE pop music fan. I've only ever once ran without music which was when I did my 5k race as headphones weren't allowed. I just about managed to cope because of the sheer adrenaline and excitement of being in a race, but otherwise I literally could not imagine how horrific it might be to run without Eye of the Tiger and Survivor egging me on. Running's a really good way to listen to a new album and sometimes a proper TUNE coming on can really inspire me to go faster.

Anyway, I thought I would make a playlist of my favourite running songs that were released in 2013 (these aren't my favourite of all time of course - but I will save that for some sort of massive 100-song mega playlist at some point.) (My usual running playlist has 450 songs on it and counting). This playlist is 40 minutes long so is perfect if you are training for a 5k and feeling like being reflective over the year. 

Be warned: This playlist, much like me, is NOT 'credible' 

$$$ex - Vanessa Hudgens vs YLA
Work Bitch - Britney Spears
Roar - Katy Perry 
Heart Attack - Demi Lovato
I Need Your Love - Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding
#thatPOWER - Will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber
Pompeii - Bastille
I Love It - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX
Summertime Sadness Remix - Lana Del Rey vs Cedric Gervais
Do What U Want - Lady GaGa ft R.Kelly
Can We Dance - The Vamps



PS - My favourite workout song of all time is Miami 2 Ibiza - Tinie Tempah & Swedish House Mafia. I seriously do not like it at any other time except if I am exercising but when it comes on during a run I am ON IT. Give it a go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment